The season of glitter is nearly upon us, and this craft not only looks amazing, it is also very simple and requires few supplies, plus will wow children with its engaging simplicity and kinetic energy.
- liquid soap
- chunky glitter
- a tall glass or jar (lid is good but optional)
- a stirrer (if there is no lid, you can use pencil, chopstick, straw or an actual stirrer to stir)
- Fill the glass with three-quarters of water
- Put a few drops of dish soap into the water
- With one hand holding the glass, use the other hand to stir the water quickly in a circular motion until a vortex or column of spinning bubbles is formed.
- If you prefer to use a lid, cover the jar tightly and rotate the jar in circles using your wrist
- Remove the stirrer, or put down the jar, and watch!
- Add chunky glitter to see how the water current moves inside the glass