We are delighted to announce that Little Bear’s in Wanstead Village have been awarded a Millie’s Mark Award. Earlier in the year we were thrilled to confirm that both Little Bear’s on Wanstead Green and in Elephant Central had received the Award.
The Millie’s Mark award is a special endorsement to childcare providers that go above and beyond for child safety. Key requirements include having 100% of staff trained in paediatric first aid, and also ensuring that everything learned during the course is kept alive and in the forefront of the nursery team’s minds. This Quality Mark is awarded by National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) in association with Department for Education and Millie’s Trust.
The Millie’s Mark accreditation provides reassurance for parents that all of the Little Bear’s team know what to do in a paediatric first aid situation. It also acknowledges that children’s safety is at the heart of what we do.
As part of the accreditation process the Little Bear’s team were required to evidence a number of working practices and procedures. Some of these include:
- Having a lone working policy in place.
- Staff to be trained in Baby led weaning and sharing this policy with staff and parents
- Audit completed on a regular basis to monitor staff confidence
- Food for messy play policy in place, to be shared with staff and parents
- First aid box checks completed every month
- Basic first aid guide to be shared with all new staff, during recruitment process
- What to do in an emergency displayed around the nursery for visitors, parents and staff